C'est La Vie!

This Is Life...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rambles In My Head..

About a week or so ago I went to see Peepli Live with a couple of my classmates. And as we were walking out of the theatre after the movie, I over-heard another group of people talking to each other. One of them said something along the lines of the fact that the picture was rather boring. This surprised me because all of us had really enjoyed it! But it made me wonder if the reason for that was because we were all media students. That we were watching from a slightly different perspective. That we were looking for and noticing things and analysing parts that maybe others were not. I felt a certain degree of pride over that....and at the same time there was a level of unease. I wonder if that is how everything i deemed as recreational will be from now on. Is the education that I am getting, slowly and subtly transforming something-and everything- that I earlier perceived as a time where I shut off my brain and got lost into a different world, into another aspect where I think, and I analyse, and I dissect, and look for symbolism and meaning and try to pin point what I think the maker was trying to convey and...

Intellectual stimulation is refreshing no doubt. I like the fact that I am now aware and educated in other facets of life. That I have the ability to hold an intelligent conversation. But I do get nostalgic thinking of the days when a books or a movie was my means of complete escape from reality for a few hours...
Does being an intelligent well educated person-regardless of what you maybe studying, media or otherwise-make it necessary for you to have an opinion on everything? Is it important to use big words and talk big talk and be part of the Great Big Debate every time so that you come across as a well learned person? And is it important to update statuses and tweets and put it out there in the cyber world for all to see every time you have a heated discussion to prove that you are passionate or that you care?
Whatever happened to silent observation?Taking in your surroundings without making all that noise? Whatever happened to doing as opposed to just talking about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home